Coating and Casting Specialty Medical Film Products
For over 100 years, Carestream Health has been a leading provider of high-quality medical imaging films. Carestream Contract Manufacturing uses the same technologies, manufacturing equipment and expertise to help customers produce a wide range of specialty medical films and products.
Our precision coating and casting processes utilize advanced methods, backed by 100% automated in-line film quality inspection systems, extensive analytical testing and clean room practices, to meet stringent FDA and ISO standards. Customers leverage this expertise along with our product development know-how to bring new and improved products to the healthcare industry – from advanced wound care materials and diagnostic test strips to films for highly selective medical membranes.
Medical Coating and Casting Capabilities:
- Precision casting
- FDA/ISO certified systems
- Clean room
- Primed PET film substrates for diagnostic tests
Process Development Advantages:
- Lab, pilot and production coaters available to scale-up solution-coated products
- Understanding of the complex variables and stringent quality guidelines required for medical and pharmaceutical products
- Relationships with substrate/chemical suppliers
- Streamlined validations because Installation (IQ), Operational (OQ), and Performance (PQ) Qualification methodology is well understood and routinely practiced
- Ongoing manufacturing is performed in ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 certified operations
Custom Medical Product Expertise:
- Diagnostic test strips
- Coated films or membranes constructed on release liners for advanced wound care including solution-coated PU films
- Hydrophobic and hydrophilic coatings
- Barrier coatings for packaging
- Anti-microbial coatings
- Solution cast films for optical applications and precision filtration media
Carestream Medical Coating and Casting Resources:
For more information, contact Todd Arndorfer to learn how Carestream can bring high quality and performance advantages for your medical products through commercial scale-up.