MEDFORD, Ore., May 15 – Carestream Tollcoating, a premier provider of roll-to-roll precision toll coating services, announced contract-manufacturing services to hardcoat polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and other substrates used in electronics and graphics applications. Carestream Tollcoating’s innovative PET film features a proprietary hardcoat formulation usable on a variety of substrates, which delivers the reduced iridescence required for optical products.
Product attributes of Carestream Tollcoating’s hardcoated PET film include:
- Abrasion resistance
- Scratch resistance featuring typical 3H pencil hardness
- Optical clarity with less than 0.3% haze typical and neutral color
- Chemical resistance
- Wide range of constructions and alternate substrates, including polycarbonate (PC), polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA), polyethylene naphthalate (PEN) and cyclo olefin polymer (COP)
- Manufactured in a cleanroom environment
Potential applications for Carestream Tollcoating’s hardcoated projects include:
- Protective films used for touch screens and flat panels
- Abrasion resistance for membrane switch, graphics and white boards
- Additional value-added layers and performance, including UV protection, anti-microbial and photovoltaic uses
“Carestream Tollcoating has significant experience working with performance-critical applications that require the use of a hardcoated PET film layer,” said Rick Daniels, General Manager of Carestream Tollcoating. “We applied the knowledge gained from these industries to develop a service for hardcoated PET films and other substrates that can dramatically improve the performance and economics of coatings produced for customers in the electronics and graphics markets.”
Background on Carestream Tollcoating
Carestream Tollcoating offers precision toll coating (contract manufacturing and development) services, specializing in the application of aqueous and solvent coatings on flexible substrates for a wide range of industrial, medical, electronic and other advanced materials applications. Carestream Tollcoating’s engineers and material scientists build on more than 100 years of coating leadership to deliver problem-solving expertise in precision coating applications, including fluid design and preparation. State-of-the-art pilot coaters also make Carestream Tollcoating an ideal partner for product development and very fast scale-up to large volume. For additional information, please visit www.tollcoating.com.
CARESTREAM is a trademark of Carestream Health.