Hardcoating Services for Display, Electronic, Optical & Graphic Applications
Carestream provides precision contract coating services for hardcoat polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and other substrates used in display, electronic, optical and graphic applications.
We can develop products using customer provided substrate and hardcoat chemistry or using our Carestream hardcoated film, which features a proprietary formulation usable on a variety of substrates to impart a durable, scratch-resistant surface that looks and wears like glass when adhered to any product surface. Our hardcoating services can deliver a variety of finishes tailored to meet customer specifications, including glossy, hazy, matte and transparent hardcoats.
Each hardcoating projects undergoes a rigorous production release test, as well as evaluations of coating thickness, chemical resistance, flexibility, cleanliness and optical properties. These exacting guidelines apply to every roll in the production environment – ensuring that the process and product quality meet the stringent requirements for display, electronic, optical and graphic products.
Carestream Hardcoat Film Product Datasheet
How Hardcoat Films Protect Electronics and Other Advanced Materials Products Blog
- Abrasion resistance.
- Scratch resistance featuring typical 3H pencil hardness.
- Advanced constructions featuring 6H and 9H pencil hardness.
- Optical clarity with less than 0.3% haze typical and neutral color.
- Chemical resistance.
- Anti-glare and anti-reflective properties.
- Wide range of constructions and alternate plastic substrates including polycarbonate (PC), polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA), polyethylene naphthalate (PEN) and cyclo olefin polymer (COP).
- Manufactured in a clean room environment.
- Protective films used for touch screens and flat panels.
- Consumer product cover glass replacement to protect non-chemically strengthened glass, provide scratch resistance for PMMA and polycarbonate lenses, and enable glass replacement on LCD displays.
- Improved membrane and capacitive switch wear layers.
- Appliance and automotive decorative window films.
- Point of purchase (POP) and Point of Information (POI) graphic displays.
- Additional value-added layers and performance including UV protection, anti-microbial and photovoltaic uses.
Carestream has significant experience working with performance-critical applications that require the use of a hardcoat PET film layer.
Lower investment costs
Carestream’s hardcoat PET film service can dramatically improve the performance and economics of coatings produced for customers in the display, electronics, optical and graphics markets.