For over 100 years, Carestream Health has manufactured high-quality films for the medical imaging industry. Today, Carestream Contract Manufacturing capitalizes on the same precision coating technology to contract manufacture high-performance polyurethane (PU) films for exacting markets.
Read our blog, Using Polymer Solution Casting to Deliver High-Quality Films, to learn how our proven toll coating and precision film casting process can improve quality and reduce product development costs and time.
- Highly uniform in thickness for improved downstream performance
- Size range from very thin (0.1 mil) to more than 5 mils
- Gel- and pinhole-free for consistent and reliable products
- Dimensionally stable to minimize film orientation concerns
- High optical clarity for visual applications
- Free of anti-block and slip additives which can impact downstream processes
- Films are delivered on poly or paper carriers designed to provide just the right peel (release) properties
- Antimicrobial, conductive, absorbing, anti-stat, adhesive or other functional layers may be added in-line during film production to tailor the TPU to each customer application at competitive costs
- Different finishes, colors and surfaces may also be supplied to help differentiate products in the market
- Wound care components, medical tapes and patches
- Surgical gowns and drapes
- Water-resistant breathable textiles
- High-performance adhesives
- Acoustic membranes
- Inflatable bladders
- Surface protection films
Flexibility and Service
Carestream can produce several million square meters of film each year for large applications or economically produce small batches for niche applications.