For over 100 years, Carestream Health has manufactured high-quality films for the medical imaging industry. Today, Carestream Contract Manufacturing capitalizes on the same precision coating technology to custom manufacture high-performance polyurethane (PU) films for exacting markets.
Carestream’s world-class manufacturing processes create TPU films that are:
- highly uniform in thickness, for improved downstream performance;
- from very thin 0.1 mil to more than 5 mils;
- gel- and pinhole-free, for consistent and reliable products;
- dimensionally stable, to minimize film orientation concerns;
- high optical clarity, for visual applications; and
- free of anti-block and slip additives, which can impact downstream processes.
Antimicrobial, conductive, absorbing, anti-stat, adhesive or other functional layers may be added inline during film production to tailor the PU to each customer application at competitive costs. Different finishes, colors and surfaces may also be supplied to help differentiate products in the market. Films are delivered on poly or paper carriers designed to provide just the right peel (release) properties.
Carestream Contract Manufacturing can produce several million square meters of film each year for large applications – but can also economically produce small batches for niche applications, as flexibility and service are paramount.
Potential applications include:
- wound care components, medical tapes and patches
- surgical gowns and drapes
- water-resistant breathable textiles
- high-performance adhesives
- acoustic membranes
- inflatable bladders
- surface protection films.
Carestream Contract Manufacturing is eager to discuss your PU film application and earn your business. Contact Maria Koomen for more information or to get started.